Translate

Saturday, September 22, 2012

I got an award!





I am very happy to announce that Tricia at Today with the Tennerys awarded me with a Liebster award!

Rules for the award: Each person must post eleven things about themselves. Answer the eleven questions the tagger has set for you. Come up with eleven other questions for the people that you are going to tag. Choose eleven people (with less than 200 followers) and tag them in your post, no tag backs. Follow the tagger and visit at least three of the nominees.

Eleven Facts about Me:

  1. I play World of Warcraft.
  2. I am a certified Pharmacy Technician.
  3. I sold my home so I could move to FL and attend film school.  Prior to this, I have never lived out of the state of AL and had never been more than 20 miles from my family.  I knew no one in FL.
  4. After deciding I did not want to live in FL anymore, I packed up everything that would fit into my 1988 Toyota Camry (including my son, two turtles, and two cats) and drove half way across the country to Utah.  If it did not fit into my car, it did not go with us.  I did not tell anyone what I was doing.  I ended up having to call my best friend to help me with directions so I told her, but she was the only one who knew where I was.  I did not call my family until I got to Utah and let them know what I had done.  I knew they would try to talk to me out of it and I did not want to be talked out it. 
  5. I moved to Utah only knowing three people, with no job, and the only money I had in my pocket was from my income tax refund.  We (my son, two cats, and two turtles-which I had to sneak in) ended up staying at one of those pay by the week hotels until I found us a place to live.
  6. It was my intention when I moved to Utah not to date. I just wanted to make friends, hang out, have fun.  Well, that did not happen.  Within two months of moving to Utah, I met my husband.
  7. My son and I are 17 years apart.  Yes, I was a teenager mother.
  8. I have an associate’s degree in General Education.
  9. My two favorite pictures of me are (1) when I graduated high school (with an advanced diploma-not trying to brag about it, it’s just an accomplishment I am very proud of) my Grandmother took a picture of me in  my cap gown with then one year Jared on my right hip and my diploma in my other hand and (2) my Dad took a picture of me when I graduated college in my cap and gown with six year old Jared one side of me and my diploma in the opposite hand.
  10. As long as everything says on track, I should have my bachelor’s degree by next summer (2013).  I hope to have a picture made with me in my cap and gown, fifteen year old Jared one side, my husband on the other, and me holding my diploma.  This will become my third favorite picture.
  11.  And for my last and final fact, it was my best friend got me hooked on blogging.  She has been blogging for years and I never gave it much thought.  I love to write so why I sneered my nose at it is beyond me.  But, I’m hooked, and I tell her often that she created a monster.



My Eleven Questions:

  1. Where is your DREAM vacation? I would love to visit the mysterious wonders of the world like Easter Island, Stonehenge, and The Great Pyramid.

  2. Are you close to your parents? We are very close.  Living halfway across the US from each other has been very tough. 

  3. Have you lost anyone close to you? I have been lucky enough that I have lost anyone close to me by death, but I have lost friendships over the years due to moving and simply drifting apart.  You know you have a true friend when, even after life happens and you drift apart, you can easily pick right up where you left off and you would never know there was ever a break.

  4. Favorite color? Light blue

  5. Favorite flower? White rose

  6. Favorite song? Glory of Love by Peter Cetera

  7. Favorite season? Fall

  8. Favorite sport? I don’t really follow sports.  I will watch it with friends and family, but, honesty I usually have no idea what’s going on.  I was at a football game once with my best friend and I was so bored and ready for it to end that I asked her, “What inning are we in?” So, yeah, that should answer the question about sports.

  9. Olympics? I watched a few games, mainly because there was nothing else on.  My face tends to be in front of computer, so TV is usually background noise.

10. Where is your DREAM place to live? Somewhere it does not snow, does not get below 70 and does not get hotter than about 80, and has no humidity. Oh! And no spiders.  If you know of this place, please let me know.

11. Do you blog hop? Just beginning to get started.


Eleven Questions for You:

1. What is your favorite color?
2. Do you have any pets?
3. What is your dream job?
4. What is your dream vacation?
5. What is your favorite season?
6. What are some of your hobbies?
7. Do you blog hop?
8. What is your favorite sport?
9. Why did you start blogging?
10. What is your favorite food?
11. What is your most prized procession?


Eleven Deserving Blogs: 

  1. Kim @ Garden Tenders
  2. Bonny @ The Domesticated Princess
  3. Pat @ Topiary Rose
  4. Nelly @ A Tea Tray
  5. Me @ 14sixty
  6. Anna and Andrea @ 2 Shine Bright
  7. Tabi Dee @ Tabi Happy
  8. Jocelyn @ http://inthepalmofhishand.blogspot.com/
  9. Stephanie @ Blood Sweat & Minivans
  10. Christy @ Wicked Happy
  11. Lisa @ akawest

No comments:

Post a Comment