Translate

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Soapbox Sunday: Religion and Opinions



It’s Sunday, so it’s time for my serious soapbox. Let’s kick this first ever Soapbox Sunday off with my views on religion and then let it be done.

Religion and opinions are like, well, butts. We all have them. And, like butts and what comes out it,  people don’t want to see or hear about it.  It’s your butt, dude, keep it to yourself. So, too, keep your religion and your opinion to yourself. Unless of course, people want to talk about it and then by all means chat away.  My soapbox mainly deals with people who won't stop talking, even after I politely tell them I am not interested. 
  
Religion should be a very private and personal relationship you have with your deity of choice.
I could not care less if you worship Jesus, Buddha, Allah, The Great Purple Flying Spaghetti Monster, or if you believe the universe was sneezed out by the Great Green Arkleseizure, just please don’t tell me about it. (Well, ok, I would be very much intrigued about a Great Purple Flying Spaghetti Monster -not to worship of course, just to find out how that came about-and if you got the Great Green Arkleseizure reference, you are awesome.)

I will not judge for your religion of choice, unless you bug the hell out of me. Then I will be judging YOU not your RELIGION.  There is a difference.

I will say no more about this as me continuing to explain how I don’t want to hear about it is just as bad as a person rambling on about their religion so I will now stop and step off my soapbox.

Until next time….




No comments:

Post a Comment