Translate

Monday, November 19, 2012

Catching Up

First off, let me say a big thank you to everyone who has left comments and a big hello and welcome to everyone who is new. Second, it is 4:29 AM and I have been at work now since 8:00 PM.  I still have an hour and a half to go.
 
Please keep this in mind while reading this.  I have no doubt it is full of typos and bad grammar.  I will read it again once I've had sleep and get embarrassed at how bad it is.

I have read every comment that's been posted and will start responding and returning follows.

I've just kinda checked out the past day or so and needed a break from reality and recharge. 

I have been somewhat productive.  My mom emailed me asked me what my kid was into this year so she could get some ideas for ornaments.  That's her big thing to do.  She sends ornaments to everyone. 

The only thing I could think of that my child has been into this year is a game called Minecraft.  He loves it. 

If you have never heard of Minecraft, its honestly this dumb little game but its addictive as all get out.  You basically just got out and break blocks to find resources to build stuff.  This game will suck the time out of you like walking in Wal-Mart or logging into Pinterest.  You just can't stop.  You tell yourself, "Ok, just one more block."  Three hours later, you are still digging. 

This game has exploded.  There are people who act out stories using this game on YouTube.  The big ones are two groups called The Yogscast and The Noxcrew. 

My kid has actually applied to be a builder with The Noxcrew and yours truly was accepted as a writer for them.  The first story I helped write is currently in development. 

You know I have to show off, so here is some screen shots of a work in progress by my kid. 




Anyway, so yeah, my kid is really big into this game this year. I knew my mom did not know a whole lot about the game, so I linked her some pictures of the game as well as some ornament ideas. 

Let me stop here and explain something right quick.  Not only do you build stuff in the game, there are monsters you have to watch out for.  At night, zombies and skeletons will come out and attack you.  In addition to those, there are these little creatures called creepers.  Creepers suck.  They will chase after you and when they get close enough they will explode and take you and whatever is around them out with them.  I cannot tell you how many buildings I have lost because one of these stupid creepers will come up out of nowhere and blow my face off.  Ok, so, zombies, skeletons, spiders, creepers, and then you have the Enderman.  The Enderman will not attack you unless you attack them first or you look at them.  They will come and steal your blocks and they like to rearrange your blocks for you, which is a tad bit annoying, to say the least. 

I started looking at some of the ornaments and people are charging an arm and a leg for these things.  I emailed my mom and told her I could make some of these things! 

So, the first ornament I decided to try is the creeper. 

Here is what it looks like in game:


Here is an ornament I found that someone made and was selling for 5 bucks:


Here was attempt #1:

Here is attempt #2:


Here is an Enderman in game:


Here is an ornament I found someone was selling for $7.50:


Here is my attempt #1:


I have not attempted to make another Enderman yet. I am thinking my next attempt will only be a square head with his eyes, like I did with the creeper. 


I am going to sit here for the last part of my shift and get caught up on my Sword of Truth book.  I do love me some Richard and Kahlan. 

I was going to work on my cross stitch pattern, but I do think I am too tired and have had enough sewing-like activities for a bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment