Translate

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Soapbox Sunday: Decency



I have been trying to sell my kitchen table because I don’t have room for it my little apartment, I am going to need to room when my cat comes back home, and I need the extra cash towards a pet deposit. 

I get a text asking if the table was still for sale and if they could come look at it.  Yes and Yes.  So, we agree that they would come at 3:30 to look at it. 

I work graves and I tend to sleep all day, so I got up and cleaned the apartment and waited.  4:30 comes and I hear nothing.  I text if they are still interested.  About 30 minutes later, I get a text that said “Sorry, got caught in class.”  Fine.  I go to school. I know how that can be.  “Can I come at 8 and look at it?”  Sure, I say.  I go lay down to catch a quick nap and set my alarm so I can get up.  9:00 comes and goes and I hear nothing. 

I’m pretty angry at this point. I’ve rearranged my sleep because I want this person to come look at the table so they will buy it.  Of course, I am going to do what I can to get it sold.  It concerns me, because I have given this person my address and then they no-show without at least texting me.   

If you changed your mind, fine. If you found another table you like better, fine.  Whatever.  At least have the decency to let me know so I’m not just sitting waiting on you to show up!

Thank you, that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment